A very small goldfields townsite located 20 km east of Kalgoorlie, Balagundi is named after a nearby Aboriginal well. The townsite was requested by the Balagundi Progress Association in March 1896, and the townsite gazetted later that year. The meaning of the name is not known. This was a very rich alluvial gold area.
Further information can be obtained from