Outback Family History....
The mining town of Bullfinch, located about 34 kilometres north west of Southern Cross was gazetted a townsite in 1910. "Bullfinch" was the name given to mining leases in the vicinity held by D. L. Doolette and V. Shallcross in 1909-1910. Gold was discovered on these leases by an employee, Charlie Jones, in April 1910. Although the Bullfinch mine was closed in May 1921, another mining boom took place in this area after the Second World War when Western Mining took over the Copperhead leases and set up a subsidiary company, Great Western Consolidated, to handle its interests. By 1950 the Copperhead mine was employing 130 men and the company had built a new town. Production ceased in May 1963.
For further information DOLA
First Police Court at Bullfinch
|Bullfinch Postal Directory 1921||Bullfinch Cemetery|