- Aboriginal History
- Maps of the Goldfields
- Places on the Goldfields
- Place Index A-Z
This website is dedicated to the memory of my two dear friends Sandy Duncan and Shyama Peebles who both passed away in 2012.
Hotels > Hotels Photographs By Place A to B
Abbott’s Hotel, Abbotts (near Meekatharra)
Mr F Clough’s Anaconda Hotel
Boddington’s Hotel, Balagundi – 6 miles from Kalgoorlie along the Bulong Road.
BALGARRI (The 42 Mile)
BALLANGARRY or BALLANGARRI (Darlot-Woodarra)
Denis MacKey’s Ballangarry Hotel,
Big Bell Hotel (near Cue)
Big Bell Hotel 1937
Big Bell Hotel 1940
Big Bell Hotel remains today.
The Rock Hotel, The Rock Tavern
Single storey local sandstone and iron building with matchboard ceilings built in 1898. Surveyed in 1996, original ceiling was in existence above suspended ceiling. The bar remained original. Prior to 1996 the building had been owned by the same family for 40yrs.
BROAD ARROW (KURAWA)
The Arrow Hotel AKA The Arrow Lake Hotel, between Kalgoorlie (Hannans) and Broad Arrow
Western Argus - 29 August 1895 - Broad Arrow. The Arrow Lake Hotel, which has just been finished, was opened on the evening of Saturday, 17th instant, Mr Alex Traill being in the chair. A good number of guests were present, and a capital spread provided by Mrs Martin, was done full justice to. The chairman proposed the "Mining Industry." the toast being replied to by Mr J. McKenzie. Mr J. McLean proposed the toast to the "Host and Hostess" Mr A. Martin responding. The chairman remarked, that although he was a teetotaller her had modified his opinions, as he knew a hotel was needed by travellers in that district. During the evening a programme of songs, etc., was given, little Miss Martin being the principal attraction with her singing and dancing.
26 Sept 1895, Western Argus
1897 – H Cohen and S Miller proprietors
27 Mar 1897 Broad Arrow Standard
The Railway Hotel, Broad Arrow, now the Broad Arrow Tavern (Currently Licenced)
Established in 1896.
A single storey Iron Clad and roofed building with a timber frame. Federation Style. Was originally located on the Kalgoorlie to Menzies Rail line till the line was decommissioned.
Exchange Hotel, Broad Arrow
1897 – J Mc M Hanley Proprietor
Swan Hotel or the Swan Commercial Hotel, Broad Arrow (Kurawa)
1897 – J Murphy Proprietor
Kurawa Hotel, Broad Arrow
1897 – Thomas Moorhead Proprietor
Staff of the Kurawa Hotel 1897.
1910 – George Hughes proprietor
The Oriental Hotel Broad Arrow (Kurawa)
1897 – Moorhead proprietor
The Commercial Hotel, Hill Street, Broad Arrow
George Kellington – Proprietor 1897
Destroyed by fire in 1904
The Miners Arms Hotel, Broad Arrow
The Murchison Club Hotel
The Club Hotel
The Miners Arms Hotel
The Queen of the Murchison Hotel
The Crown Hotel Cue
The Cue Hotel Cue
The Excelsior Hotel Cue
The Great Britain Hotel Cue
The Hotel Metropole Cue
The Proprietory Hotel Cue
Previous Record Hotels Photographs By Place
|Return to Hotels|